Reviews Print Correction Save

Places for People Extra Care Housing

We support a wide range of people who need help to gain, or regain, their independence:

  • People with physical disabilities
  • Older people
  • People with mental health needs
  • People with learning disabilities
  • Young people leaving care and those setting up home for the first time
  • People with alcohol and/or substance misuse problems
  • People fleeing domestic violence
  • Homeless people in temporary accommodation
  • Other people who need support to live independently

Referral by local authoirty. No properties in London.

18 Craven Drive, South Rings Business Park, Bamber Bridge, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 6BZ
01772 667002 (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm; weekends 8am-5pm)
Who is it for:
Anyone requiring support with mental/physical health and other issues
We can use the Big Word language service to translate if English is not your first language
How to apply:
Referral by local authoirty.

Related Information

Related Factsheets

Subject Definitions

Special sheltered/Extra care housing is designed with the needs of frailer older people in mind and with varying levels of care/support available on site. People who live in Extra Care housing have their own self contained homes, their own front doors and a legal right to occupy the property. It is therefore very different from a care home where residents only have a licence to occupy a room. Extra care can help older people remain independent for as long as possible by providing additional care and support in addition to that normally available in sheltered housing. Extra Care can be owned, rented, part-owned/part rented or multi-tenure. The majority of properties are rented and are in schemes managed by Registered social landlords.