Reviews Print Correction Save

Camden Adult Social Care - Outreach

We provide an outreach support service to help older people remain independent in their own homes and improve the quality of their lives. We support people across all forms of tenure.

We carry out a full assessment according to individual need and work closely with people in their own homes who have low, moderate and high support needs.

We can help by:

  • providing advice on housing issues
  • putting service users in touch with useful services
  • providing guidance on how to maximise income by advising on benefits available
  • assisting with writing letters and filling out forms

This service is intended for residents:

  • in Camden who are over 55 years
  • who are living in any type of housing apart from supported / sheltered housing

And would be of benefit to someone who is:

  • finding it difficult to manage on their income
  • living in housing no longer suitable for them
  • at risk of becoming isolated
  • curious about the services available in their local area
7th Floor, 5 Pancras Square, London, NW1 4AG
Umbrella org:
Camden Council
Area serviced:
020 7974 4000 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm / 020 7974 4444 (24/7; 5pm-9am) - choose adult social care options
Who is it for:
Older people to remain independent in their own homes
Disabled access:
Yes; and visits can be completed at home
How to apply:
Call the above telephone numbers

Related Information

Related Factsheets

Subject Definitions

Advice for people with housing enquiries.For example,if they are moving property,are waiting to be allocated a local authority property or feel that they are living in sub-standard accomodation.
Special sheltered/Extra care housing is designed with the needs of frailer older people in mind and with varying levels of care/support available on site. People who live in Extra Care housing have their own self contained homes, their own front doors and a legal right to occupy the property. It is therefore very different from a care home where residents only have a licence to occupy a room. Extra care can help older people remain independent for as long as possible by providing additional care and support in addition to that normally available in sheltered housing. Extra Care can be owned, rented, part-owned/part rented or multi-tenure. The majority of properties are rented and are in schemes managed by Registered social landlords.